Hazelnut Cream & Fresh British Strawberry Pancakes
When fresh British strawberries are paired with Black Milk’s Hazelnut Cream, strawberries become even more indulgent. Their vibrant red colour, juicy texture, and delightful sweetness is offset by the velvety rich hazelnut flavour, beautifully complementing the berries.
Our favourite way to serve this winning combo is on top of pancakes, however we also recommend in milkshakes or on top of ice cream
- 120 grams all-purpose flour
- 25 grams sugar
- 10 grams baking powder
- 2 grams salt
- 240 millilitres whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 28 grams unsalted butter, melted
- Additional butter for greasing the pan
- Black Milk Hazelnut Cream
- Chopped Strawberries
- Whipped Cream or Ice Cream
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and melted butter until well blended.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay. Let the batter rest for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease the surface with a small amount of butter.
- Once the skillet is hot, ladle about 60 millilitres (1/4 cup) of batter onto the skillet for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the surface, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake using a spatula and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Adjust the heat if necessary to prevent burning.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate and cover with a clean kitchen towel to keep them warm. Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adding more cooking spray or butter to the skillet as needed.
- Serve the pancakes warm with a dollop of Black Milk Hazelnut Cream on top with freshly chopped British Strawberries