Job Description – Food Production Operative
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor.
Based at: Black Milk, 88 Oldham Street, Manchester
Working Hours: Full Time
· To be flexible between a warehouse and production roles to be able to support the business as needed.
To learn and be involved in receiving, storing, stock taking , documenting, and delivering materials within the company and to ship orders to customers.
· Ensure workstation and warehouse areas and machinery are clean & safe.
· To proactively develop knowledge and skills to adhere to all processes and practices to sustain accreditations and comply to Health & Safety and Quality Control.
· To learn and be involved in processing, labelling and packing of a variety of products manufactured on site.
· Ensure work station and surrounding areas and machinery are clean and safe.
· To proactively develop knowledge and skills to adhere to all processes and practices to sustain accreditations and comply to Health & Safety & Quality Control.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. To assist in taking delivery of ingredients, packaging and other supplies.
2. To assist in picking, packing, stock rotation & despatch of orders of finished goods, ingredients and other supplies to customers in agreed format.
3. Operating of machinery and equipment in adherence to all company policies and procedures.
4. Cleaning & maintaining work areas and machinery to company & external standards.
5. Completion of all administration required by the company to adhere to internal, legal and accreditation purposes.
6. Preservation of traceability throughout moving, packing, stock rotation and despatch.
7. Report any faults or concerns of machinery, hygiene or health & safety to a level 3 staff or manager.
1. Assist in manufacture of products to a high and defined outcome.
2. Operating of production equipment in adherence to all company policies and procedures
3. Cleaning & maintaining work areas and machinery to company and external standards.
4. Completion of all administration required by the company to adhere to internal, legal and accreditation purposes.
5. Preservation of traceability throughout processing & packing.
6. Report any faults or concerns of machinery, hygiene or health & safety to a level 3 staff or manager.
1. Compliance to all standards practised throughout the site.
2. Develop knowledge of all products manufactured on site.
3. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and managers.
4. Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role & progression onto Level 2.
5. Adhere to company stated policies and procedures relating to job and general contact around site.
6. Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business & organisational development.
7. Attend required training to develop relevant knowledge & skills.
8.Portraying a positive outlook on Black Milk in each job function and to
9. Implementing of the Company Core and Working Values to all others, work
functions undertaken and conduct around site.
Person profile -
Willing, with a positive outlook. Able to listen and take instructions both verbally and in written format and implement as requested. Keen to learn and easily retains information. Gets pride from doing a good job. Honest, credible, reliable, tolerant and determined. Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
Specific Job Skills:
Ability to understand standards and practices both in Quality Control and Health & Safety.
Has or must be able to achieve CIEH Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene qualification.
Able to follow instructions.
Able to complete all relevant admin accurately and on time.
Flexible & Proactive.
Good Communication skills to deliver valuable teamwork
Accurate, patient, responsible.
Physically fit and comfortable to be on foot for the duration of working hours.
Able to lift up to 30kg in weight.
Comfortable in use of various machinery
Consistent application of all key responsibilities, accountabilities and positive outlook.
L*iteracy and Numeracy: *
Able to demonstrate a high understanding of the English language both written and spoken.
Understand and able to demonstrate strong mental mathematics percentages and calculations etc.
We have followed all government and Industry guidance to provide a safe place of work for staff
- Black Milk Manchester
- Load and unload lorries in a safe and efficient manner
- Move and stack materials
- Keep production lines supplied with empty containers and packaging materials as needed
- Spot lorries and allocate stock as needed
- Rotate floor stock
- General housekeeping duties in the warehouse or production area and duties as assigned
- Perform general warehouse duties in order to maintain a smooth operation
- Use common warehouse management software
- Receive/process shipments
- Inspect and maintain equipment, reporting any faults or wear and tear